Inventory

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Inventory

Postby Bryan Cotton » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi all,
We got started tonight. We were looking for tail parts and were doing inventory at the same time. A couple of questions:
1) did all your nose ribs come together? I seem to have 26 aft ribs and 20 nose ribs but I wonder if 6 are hidden somewhere else.
2) when doing inventory, do you finish the whole thing and then go to Sonex, or do it piecemeal?

I am going to ask Sonex these questions directly, but hey we are here to talk Sonex anyway.
It is good to get going. I had two projects in front of the Waiex : organize the hangar and get the 73 Harley golf cart running again. Now I can do mosquito control around the airport (it's a two stroke).

Thanks!
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Re: Inventory

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Hey Bryan,

From what I remember, the nose ribs should all be together. I seem to recall they were all wrapped up in shrink wrap for shipping. Does the inventory list have them all together?

My recommendation is to go through the entire inventory to check for damage and/or missing items then get ahold of Sonex. If I remember correctly, you have 10 or 14 days to submit missing items to Sonex after you receive the kit. I'm sure they'll work with you, but the factory doesn't want someone to come back a few years later and claim stuff is missing.

Have fun getting the golf cart running!!
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Re: Inventory

Postby Bryan Cotton » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Golf cart is running! It is fun but a distraction for my 12 year old building partner. We started inventory in earnest yesterday, and made good progress today. It feels good to handle aluminum parts again. Due to our move I have not worked on airplanes in over 9 months. I am glad to have my therapy back.
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Return to General Discussion