MGL iEFIS

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

MGL iEFIS

Postby 1labelloj » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 pm

If anyone has the MGL iEFIS Lite up and running, could you please reply? I need help to set up the RDAC and iEFIS so that my RPM and engine temperatures are accurate.
The online knowledge base pages just don't do it for me. I am too novice to fully understand.
1labelloj

Re: MGL iEFIS

Postby XenosN42 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi

You didn’t mention which engine you’re using. I’ll assume the AeroVee, but if that’s not correct some of my answers below will be incorrect.

I’ll also assume that you’ve purchased a RDAC XF; without it there is no way to monitor RPM and cylinder temperature.

Do you have a copy of the iEFIS Lite ‘User & Installation Manual’? If not here is a link: http://www.mglavionics.co.za/Docs/iEFIS ... manual.pdf

You’ll also need to refer to the RDAC XF installation manual:
http://www.mglavionics.co.za/Docs/RDAC% ... LATION.pdf

RPM:
The correct setting is six pulses per revolution. You’ll find this setting below the EFIS engine setup menu.

Do you know where to connect the RPM signal wire to the engine? If not refer to page 47 of the AeroVee Ver 2.1 manual. The schematic shows that the wire should be joined/spliced into ONE of the wires coming out of the alternator.

Temperatures:

In the EFIS set the probe type for both EGT & CHT to “K Type”.

Connect the wires for the EGT probes to the lowest thermocouple terminals. See page 8 of the RDAC manual.

For example if you have 4 EGT probes & 4 CHT probes.

TC1-TC4 connect EGT probes here
TC5-TC8 connect CHT probes here

Or for example 2 EGT probes & 2 CHT probes

TC1-TC2 connect EFT probes here
TC3-TC4 connect CHT probes here
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Return to General Discussion