Navworx ADSB back in business

Use this area for aviation related general discussions, newsworthy items, and non model specific topics.

Navworx ADSB back in business

Postby mike.smith » Sun May 14, 2017 12:30 am

According to their updated web page, Navworx appears to be back in business:
http://www.navworx.com/

I'm still waiting to hear the status of the hardware I ordered back in October of 2016. If I hear back I'll let you know what they tell me.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Re: Navworx ADSB back in business

Postby NWade » Sun May 14, 2017 1:32 am

Its worth reading the fine print on that "Back in Business" announcement. They say that a software update will allow the use of the existing devices until 2020. Then after that they're no good, unless you pay $350 - $600 for a hardware upgrade.

Makes me wonder if they're setting themselves up for a class-action lawsuit, with customers claiming they bought a device that was advertised as being ADS-B compliant. The verbiage that the system is not usable after 2020 could be construed as an admission that the devices have never actually been ADS-B compliant, and therefore it was false advertising or that the devices are in some way "defective" - and that Navworx is on the hook for the upgrade.

A tough situation for everyone involved...

--Noel
NWade

Postby mike.smith » Sun May 14, 2017 3:16 pm

NWade wrote:Its worth reading the fine print on that "Back in Business" announcement. They say that a software update will allow the use of the existing devices until 2020. Then after that they're no good, unless you pay $350 - $600 for a hardware upgrade.

That appears to be for the "certified" versions, as they don't say anything about the experimental EXP version. So I'm waiting to hear what they tell me about my EXP version that was ordered but never delivered.
Mike Smith
Sonex N439M
Scratch built, AeroVee, Dual stick, Tail dragger
http://www.mykitlog.com/mikesmith
mike.smith

Postby fastj22 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:03 pm

Scuttlebutt is Navworx used consumer grade GPS chips in both their STC'd and experimental products. Those will not meet 2020 requirements no matter how many software updates they do. If they can survive the customer relations disaster they brought upon themselves, all their existing customers will face having a hardware upgrade to be compliant. Not a great position to be in either as a customer or Navworx. But, if you own one, there is hope your investment isn't worthless.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby WaiexN143NM » Mon May 15, 2017 2:21 am

Hi all,
Ok lets see. A proposed ad is still coming from the faa , to be able to use the boxes. Im assuming its a software change to put the SIL back to zero. But then it goes back to the problem of not recieving tis-b traffic with a sil of zero. Now pay up to $600 to get a proper chip installed, and software to report a sil above zero. . -EXP not addressed yet. Lets not sugar coat anything here. This sucks. These were sold to us as 2020 compliant. Now bill moffitt wants us to pay him more money to fix HIS mistake. Maybe bill moffitt should bite the bullet take the boxes back and fix them at his expense. And make them compliant as we were told at purchase. He got caught using cheap gps chips. Like john said , this is a pr disaster. Who would buy anything from this guy? After whats gone on. A booth at oshkosh? Lol we all need to stop by and give him an ear full. Really. Is he related to jim bede? What a joke. We shall see if his company survives. Maybe then, as mark baker aopa told me , someone will pick up the pieces. I'll hold my money till then. Im not paying bill moffitt one more penny. Ive ordered a trig mode s tpx and adsb unit. Enough of this horse dung. Going over to the vans site to see what the folks there have to say.
Added: Vans site lots of good recent knowlegeable posts on this topic. Dallas avionics handeling all communications, sales, tech support. Scott edwards. Will call him tomm morn. Their website lists the adsb600 -exp box as a discontinued item. There you go...... our -exp boxes are worthless. A few people have posted on both vans site and here, that have paid with credit card and never received anything. Better get with card company pronto and request a refund. Bill moffitt wants to come to oshkosh 17 booth 4054, i think we all need to organize a protest at his booth. Airventure cateres to the homebuilt crowd. After hes screwed us all on the exp boxes , he wants to come to this event?
WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby WaiexN143NM » Tue May 16, 2017 3:54 am

Hi all,
Called dallas avionics this am. Left a voicemail with my ph number. No reply.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby andrewp » Tue May 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Me too! (I have a 600B in the 182)
andrewp

Postby WaiexN143NM » Tue May 16, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi all,
I dont see this company surviving. Lack of honesty, transparency, and communication. They have nobody to blame but themselves. He sabotaged his own self. Who would buy anything from this company after all the fiasco? The new press release on his website doesnt even address the -exp boxes. When this is over, somone will pick up the pieces, there's over 800 boxes out there.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby fastj22 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 pm

WaiexN143NM wrote:Hi all,
I dont see this company surviving. Lack of honesty, transparency, and communication. They have nobody to blame but themselves. He sabotaged his own self. Who would buy anything from this company after all the fiasco? The new press release on his website doesnt even address the -exp boxes. When this is over, somone will pick up the pieces, there's over 800 boxes out there.

WaiexN143NM
Michael

At the risk of coming across as a nattering nabob of negativity, no-one is going to pick up the pieces. There just isn't any value in such a damaged brand. Too many other options for people to pursue now. This will go down as yet another example of consumer fraud brought by companies like Eggenfelner Subaru Aircraft Engines. Buyer beware.

John Gillis
SEL Private, Comm Glider, Tow pilot (Pawnee Driver)
Waiex N116YX, Jabiru 3300, Tail dragger,
First flight, 3/16/2013. 403 hours and climbing.
Home: CO15. KOSH x 5
Flying a B-Model Conversion (Super Bee Baby!)
fastj22

Postby andrewp » Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 am

I don't think it quite falls into the category and I am still somewhat hopeful. In the 182, the 600B is absolutely perfect. Code from the 327, traffic back to the 430W and wifi for two tablets. Up until them getting into the SIL fight with the FAA, damn thing has been perfect.

I for one will see how the tale ends. It ain't a Subaru conversion, that is for sure.
andrewp

Next

Return to General Discussion