Dreamer

Dreamer

Postby AntiGravity » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Good morning from NZ. Some years ago I got half way through an RV-8 build before a marital separation, during which it became a casualty.
Life has taken a decidedly different turn and the chances of financially building another aircraft are slim, but I still hold the dream open.
I always dismissed Sonex due to its 'odd' shape, but it has been growing on me since seeing one this last weekend at a local event and I've read and watched a heap about them over the last few days.
I'm just gonna pop in here occasionally, browse and lurk, maybe ask the odd question or two.
Good luck to all those currently building.
AntiGravity

Re: Dreamer

Postby MichaelFarley56 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Welcome to the group! We're glad to have you here and hope we can answer your questions as you think of them.

One of the reasons I was so interested in the Sonex line of airplanes was the value of the design. 10 years ago when I first flew my Waiex, I had it flying for less than $30,000 American dollars, and I know many who have finished their airplanes for less than that. These airplanes offer a lot of bang for the buck!

Again, welcome and best of luck figuring out a way to get back into the building phase! I hope you're able to do it!
Mike Farley
Waiex #0056 - N569KM
Jabiru 3300A #1706
MGL Panel
MichaelFarley56

Return to Introductions