Wondering if I can get a ride in a Sonex? Central Cali

Wondering if I can get a ride in a Sonex? Central Cali

Postby AstroAussie » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:12 am

Hey guys! Names Joe Not sure if this is allowed but here I go. I have been doing a lot of research over the last 2 years. Watching videos and looking at people building sites and seeing how people go about tackling different areas of the build. I currently am having trouble deciding between a Sonex and and RV-7. I know both are amazing planes and money is not a factor as I don't plan to start for another 2-3 years. Still doing research. It's something that needs a lot of thinking! Anyway I was hoping if someone lives in the Central Valley in California, if they could hook me up with a ride? Maybe even hands on? I have my ppl. Currently training for IFR and CPL and a total of 170 hrs in 5 different air frames. I'm definitely not a pro and still have a lot to learn but I do have experience so you don't think I'm some random guy looking to build a plane let alone fly yours lol. We can go for a $100 burger if there is a place around that you know of. I'm stationed by KFAT and KMAE/ I dont mind traveling if I need to. I travel a lot to the Bay Area and I know there is a sonex in Los Banos. Not sure if that owner still sticks around here.

ultimately I am trying to get familiar with the plane and see it in person and I understand if this is not a possibility. thank you for your time! I'll still stick around to get as much knowledge and info as possible.
AstroAussie

Re: Wondering if I can get a ride in a Sonex? Central Cali

Postby XenosN42 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:00 am

Not all Sonex builders/pilots keep their information up to date on this map. However, a few builders have found me using it. Worth a try.

https://www.sonexaircraft.com/sonex-builder-map/
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Re: Wondering if I can get a ride in a Sonex? Central Cali

Postby AstroAussie » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm

XenosN42 wrote:Not all Sonex builders/pilots keep their information up to date on this map. However, a few builders have found me using it. Worth a try.

https://www.sonexaircraft.com/sonex-builder-map/

hey thank! I found someone within my range that left an email. Now hopefully I can convince them lol. we'll see how it goes. Have a good day!
AstroAussie

Return to Introductions