New builder Waiex-B

New builder Waiex-B

Postby epeachey » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:30 pm

New builder Waiex-B planning Aero Vee Turbo, conventional gear
Drove to the factory for a tour and tail kit pickup in July. Tail kit is complete, and fuselage and plans are on order.
My biggest concern in this journey is the transition training and insurance. I am a rusty instrument rated private pilot with a little over 500 hours. Almost all Cessna time with some time in a AA-1 Yankee.

I am really hoping that a time building solution will present itself by the time I complete the build.
I have been interested in building for years with the Sonex being my favorite kit but never really thought I would have the time to build one. Kids now in college and a very supportive wife I’m taking the plunge!
Life is full of challenges that’s what makes it interesting!
Elwyn Peachey
Waiex WXB0048
Aerovee Turbo
epeachey

Re: New builder Waiex-B

Postby sonex1374 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:43 am

Elwyn contact the Sonex Foundation looking for help pairing up with a mentor. He's off to a great start already, and the next step is to order the next sub-kit and keep the project moving forward.

Let's help Elwyn by finding him someone close to PA that can work with him. If you know someone or would like to volunteer yourself, send him a message. This is a pretty low-threat arrangement and is your chance as an experienced builder to give back and help the next generation of Sonex builders get to the finish line!

For everyone else that is thinking they'd like to be a build mentor for someone in their area (or anywhere, really), send me or Robbie Culver a note and we'll add you to the unofficial running list of mentor members. When the next request comes in, we go to those volunteers first to see if we can facilitate a match. Jump in and help - it will be fun!

Jeff
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Postby XenosN42 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:06 pm

Pennsylvania is a pretty big state.
-- Michael
OneX N169XE
author of the 'Flight Data Viewer'
XenosN42

Postby sonex1374 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:31 pm

XenosN42 wrote:Pennsylvania is a pretty big state.

Elwyn is located north of Harrisburg, and although an ideal mentor would be located within driving distance anyone willing to work with him can do so over the phone or internet. Zoom or Skype can also help when a phone call isn't enough.

Jeff
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Postby Rofomoto » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:18 pm

I’m an hour from Harrisburg. Billy
Longassproject
E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles (next year 16- 0)
Rofomoto