New Member (old Sonex dream still alive)

Re: New Member (old Sonex dream still alive)

Postby Frankart » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 pm

I had a lot of problems with the plastic sticking to the aluminum sheet. The best technique I found was to coat it with paint stripper, then cover it with aluminum foil and allow the stripped to work for about 10 minutes. That got a lot of it and saved me from having to buy new control surface skins.

Good luck OP. I'm located just north of Hanover Airport. My project will be old enough to drink next month.
Frankart

Re: New Member (old Sonex dream still alive)

Postby patriot3300 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Frankart wrote:I had a lot of problems with the plastic sticking to the aluminum sheet. The best technique I found was to coat it with paint stripper, then cover it with aluminum foil and allow the stripped to work for about 10 minutes. That got a lot of it and saved me from having to buy new control surface skins.

Good luck OP. I'm located just north of Hanover Airport. My project will be old enough to drink next month.

Frankart,

Thanks for the Advice,Its good to know that there is an enthusiast nearby !

I did discover that the Sonex at Ofp is still owned and operated by the origional builder(First flight 10-07)
so there is a goldmine of information local although i do not believe he is a member here.

I work near Ashland,feel free to PM me anytime.

Stuart
patriot3300

Previous

Return to Introductions