Good Morning from Texas

Re: Good Morning from Texas

Postby racaldwell » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Welcome to Sonexbuilders, Mel.

I'm building a Xenos and I've been impressed with the Sonex kit design. It's a far cry from making the jigs to build my pre-prepunched RV-6 and then , well, you how that is.

I think my Xenos will set the record for slow build. But with my -6 to fly, I don't mind a bit. The record I hope to get is the lightest Xenos. I made my own vacuum infused wingtips and saved 15 lbs. right there. And it only took six months to do. It's a fun to build project and I'm sure your Waiex will be also.

Rick Caldwell
Xenos 0057
MLB, FL
RV-6 1056 hrs
One Design 255 hrs then sold
racaldwell

Postby n502pd » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:46 pm

A very hearty welcome to you and Ann to this very helpful group of Sonexers! I am so glad and pleased that you are working on a Waiex! As you know, anytime or thing you may need from me just say the word! We are not that far apart, mile wise!
Joe Nelsen
scratch built :D
Sirpeedee, N502PD, s/n 1510, Aero Vee 2.1 s/n 0870,
ADS-B in (Stratux)/out(SkyBeacon)
Flying @78.2
KGYI/N. Tx Reg/Perrin Field
EAA Technical Counselor, Chapter 323, Sherman, TX
n502pd

Postby Mel » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:30 pm

n502pd wrote:A very hearty welcome to you and Ann to this very helpful group of Sonexers! I am so glad and pleased that you are working on a Waiex! As you know, anytime or thing you may need from me just say the word! We are not that far apart, mile wise!

Haven't got final approval from CFO yet, but I may have an interested party on my Legend Cub. If that goes through, there should be no problem. Hope to order kit within next few weeks.
Mel Asberry..DAR since last century
A&P/BGI/EAA (LifeTime) Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor/Nat'l Test Pilot School/Tony Bingelis Award/Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award..N168YX reserved
Mel

Previous

Return to Introductions