New owner of Sonex 804

Re: New owner of Sonex 804

Postby paddydix » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:07 pm

Memphis FSDO has been great got a new airworthiness cert in a few hours, registration took awhile in OKC . It was over the holidays so I kind of cut them some slack there. I have the original plans, log books, etc . Just the AWC and W/B wasn't in the airplane. Really just need the W and B now. Well and figure out how to transfer Sonex ownership with Sonex company. Previous owner is no longer around to sign anything for them.
paddydix

New owner of Sonex 804

Postby Flymh47 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:21 pm

I recently bought a Sonerai IIL and the first thing I did while researching it was I bought a report from Aero-Space Reports. It cost $30, and it probably contains the same info I was supposed to get from the FAA for $5, but the CD the feds sent was blank. Yeah, I know.

The report I got from Aero-Space had airworthiness info such as op lims, airworthiness certs from previous mods so on. The other file it included had the registration/bill of sale chain from the original builder.

In the end I was glad to have it as the seller didn’t have any of this info when I picked it up. If I hadn’t found this stuff, I would’ve walked from the deal.

Good luck.

Brad
Sonerai IIL N36VJ
Flymh47

Re: New owner of Sonex 804

Postby paddydix » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:43 pm

Interesting, I may just do that Brad ,...just to see what else is out there.

Thanx,
Patrick
paddydix

New owner of Sonex 804

Postby Flymh47 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:15 pm

I’d recommend the $5 CD from the FAA first. I’m pretty sure it was just a fluke that mine was blank/corrupt files.
Sonerai IIL N36VJ
Flymh47

Previous

Return to Introductions