pre-buy

pre-buy

Postby goldthwaite flyer » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi all,
New to the site and looking to add ELSA to my experience so in the market for a Sonex. I'm in central Texas and looking for someone to help with a pre-buy inspection. I just sold my certified airplane so I'm kind of in that mind set. Do people normally do a pre-buy on ELSAs? I'd also love to get some stick time in one but I'm on the heavy side (~235 lbs). How realistic is it to think I can find a skinny CFI with Sonex experience? BTW, I'll be working on my tail wheel endorsement while I'm shopping.
Enjoying the site :-)
Thanks!
John Smith
N550SX
2200 Jabiru
Nose dragger
goldthwaite flyer

Re: pre-buy

Postby GraemeSmith » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Sent you a PM
Graeme JW Smith
GraemeSmith

Postby Msing48 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:59 pm

I am in Houston and though not an A&P, I am very familiar with Sonex/Waiex/Onex aircraft and would be happy to do a pre-buy inspection of the plane.
Msing48

Postby Scott Todd » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:16 pm

Any airplane guy can provide lots of help. You really want another person to do it that is not emotionally attached the idea of a 'new toy'. I find if the prospective buyer is the only one to look at it, they overlook stuff because of the excitement of the 'new toy' :)

It would be great if Msing48 helps you. Buy him a fancy lunch or dinner or whatever is appropriate ;)
Scott Todd

Postby thomas » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:32 pm

goldthwaite flyer,

You may not know who Msing48 is, but you are a very fortunate person to be living in central Texas. As far as I know, Mike has done the first flight for more Sonex's than any other builder. He scratch built his own Sonex, is the technical advisor for many builders (including me), and is one heck of a great person. I couldn't think of a better person to check out a Sonex.

Paul
thomas

Return to Introductions