New builder, the catch is He's 15

New builder, the catch is He's 15

Postby Issak » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi My name is Isaac Shultz, I am a 15 your old student pilot who has been pursuing his own kitplane for the past 6-7 months. A month ago I earned enough money to buy a kit from a fellow builder. The stars have aligned, because on the drive home it only rained on my new airplane about half the 11 hour drive. I Am very eager to start building. (so far I have just gone out to the garage and stared at it while leafing through the plans)
I can hardly believe that I am a Sonex builder now.
In order to follow my progress, and catch up on the extended version of my story you can go to my blog.

http://isaacshultzsonex.blogspot.com/
-Isaac Shultz
Issak

Re: New builder, the catch is He's 15

Postby wlarson861 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 am

I wish I would have found a project as doable when I was in my 20's. You have the opportunity to build an awesome airplane that will be ready to fly when you are legal to take her up. Keep on track with your goals and we will wait for you at the Monday homecoming parry at Oshkosh. I'll be embarrassed to see someone so young there as a builder but proud to see a second generation builder in our midst.
Bill Larson
N861SX
Sonex, polished, tail wheel, Generation 4 Jabiru 3300
wlarson861

Postby Stogie6 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:02 am

I think this is going to be a cool build. A nice father/son project that goes beyond something simple. I just finished my Onex build with my Dad. The best thing I have done in a long time for the both of us. Way to go Isaac. - Go easy on your old man!
David F. Jones
Memphis (Mud Island), TN
Aerovee powered Onex
N153TD
Based at KAWM and in the midst of Phase 1
Stogie6

Postby vwglenn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:37 am

Congrats! The whole community is pulling for you and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying many of us will be here to support you if and when the call comes. You probably wont need much help from us though as your dad is a demigod among the Sonex builder ranks.
Glenn
Sonex #600
N889AP
vwglenn

Return to Introductions