Purchased Xenos 32, base CGS, Maryland. (Constructing X16)

Purchased Xenos 32, base CGS, Maryland. (Constructing X16)

Postby pschwenn » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:52 am

Xenoids,

I've aquired Xenos 32 N32XS (finished and flown by Ted Staton 2010). [I'm also building X16, introduced earlier].

N32XS will be based at CGS College Park Maryland. She has an AeroVee 80hp for the time being.

Any tips/references for neophyte Xenos pilots much appreciated.

Ditto for the AeroVee, prop, exhaust, and any suggestions for drag reduction of the whole.

As I described for X16 I'm going to attack the 40" shoulder problem basically with individual seats (at least the right seat adjustable) to get shoulders out of line. And maybe the fuselage's hard vertical "chine" just aft of the cockpit. A plumper rear tire might be helpful maneuvering on soft surfaces. Maybe antique Maule wheelpants (where the front of the tire is much of the shape and the shell fleshes that out).

Regards,

Peter Schwenn
6514 41st Ave
University Park MD 20782

240-602-6931

N16XN under construction
N32SX @ KCGS (912iS being installed)
http://www.schwenn.com
Eaa4 - KCGS College Park MD
pschwenn

Re: Purchased Xenos 32, base CGS, Maryland. (Constructing X1

Postby GordonTurner » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:23 am

Hi Peter,

Welcome aboard, and congrats on the acquisition.

Interesting ideas. I have concepts in mind, when I get to that point, for a more antique looking wheelpant as well.

Gordon
Waiex 158 New York. N88YX registered.
3.0 Liter Corvair built, run, and installed.
Garmin panel, Shorai LiFePo batteries.
GordonTurner

Postby andrewp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:05 pm

I am personally very excited that you have a Xenos in the DC FRZ! You are da man. I recently (read: last year) got my FRZ signoff and we plan to visit CGS with the family just because we can. Anyway, congratulations. The Xenos is the unsung hero of the Sonex fleet. Some folk recently assembled one at my home airport (KLHZ) and they are loving its brains out and these are hard people to please (grizzled glider, instructor types). I will have to pass this along to a certain Mr Buck the next time I have the pleasure of talking to him. Maybe one day have to fly the Sonex up to CGS and get a picture next to your Xenos (like a groupie ,damn it).

Awesome!

AP
andrewp

Postby Ercoupechris » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:10 pm

One of my buddies at KEZF just bought a Xenos a few months ago and flies it out of Warrenton Air Park in Virginia. Another is under construction at KEZF as we speak. A lot of Sonex aircraft are being built and/or purchased and brought into the DC area.
Chris Schuldt
703-928-5199
BRM Aero Bristell NG-5
"B" model Conversion Waiex s/n 64 4th owner, kit from 2007
Edge Performance 915-ECi 120 HP EFI with Ring Mount
Rotax iRMT Service
Rotax iRMT Maintenance
Rotax iRMT Heavy Maintenance
Ercoupechris

Return to Introductions