Young aviator needs your help.

Young aviator needs your help.

Postby Issak » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Hello, my name is Isaac Shultz and I am a student pilot I am working on both ground school and glider lessons. I am eager to advance in my flying career. And I have a Vision of sharing my joy in flying with others. Therefore I will need to plan ahead. I believe buying an airplane for when I move out is the next step. Rather than buying a complete airplane I will buy a kit, a process  I have already begun on a sonex kit. Once I have bought the kit I will get  to begin building immediately with the goal of a complete flying airplane before I  go to college. I have been hard at work financing this decision, between lawn mowing, chores ,and little trinkets i've made to sell I have saved and saved for an opportunity like this.

As I mentioned previously my name is Isaac Shultz, I am a 14 year old budding aviator. As well as a boy scout working on the final stages of my eagle scout rank. Some kids play with toy cars, or trucks. I remember delighting myself with learning to fly RC airplanes, and building plastic or balsa wood models.Whether it be going to EAA chapter meetings ,airshows,or actually going to fly in my dad's sonex I have been in and among the aviation community as long as I can remember.

I have only worked one young eagles rally so far (and I had to stay on the ground not having a pilot license and all) it was great seeing the kids excitement over their first flight in a small airplane that sparked the idea that I should give back to the community, add to the community . When I have my airplane built I hope to be able to enhance their experience in the cockpit and witness the smile spread across their faces as our wheels leave the ground.
Looking around me I see that aviation enthusiast all around me have helped me experience flight. My Parents, My glider instructors,and many fellow pilots I’ve talked to have tried to share this feeling of riding the wind, and have succeeded. Now I am planning ahead to return the favor in a few years.

Although I am working hard at the moment to make money to finance this project, and am well on my way to completion. I can not do it alone. I will need your help to make this dream a reality. By donating you will not be giving some rich kid gas money for his P-51. You will be helping to pass the torch of aviation to the newer generation and ensuring the survival of small chapter corn bombing days, spot landing contest, and general fun flying. In addition to the long term goal of building and sharing a flying Sonex, I will be posting my progress on a building log (Blog) detailing what I accomplished that weekend.

Thank You for your generous contributions, and helping to make my vision come to light. I assure you that your faith in me is well placed.

Please be sure to check out my, youtube video, gofundme page, and blog (blog not up yet)
You can contact me with the email address “TUMBLING.AVIATOR@GMAIL.COM”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5_CYcQ ... tion=share
gofundme.com/isaacs-sonex-project-2uvexs38
-Isaac Shultz
Issak

Re: Young aviator needs your help.

Postby WaiexN143NM » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi issac,
Your dad is the famous jeff ?
Pls check your utube, only voice no video.
Good luck to you, you have the world ahead of you in aviation.

WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby Gripdana » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:58 am

I would like to challenge everyone to donate something to Isaac. I do not know him, but if he has such passion for sharing aviation with others at his age lets give him a helping hand. I can think back in my life and remember when people have helped me in my life journey. Some of them were total strangers. I am sure everyone can think back and remember getting a helping hand somewhere in their life. It doesn't need to be much. A single dollar will be a dollar closer to his goal. Good luck Isaac. Keep your dream alive.

Isaac's Go Fund me account
www.gofundme.com/isaacs-sonex-project-2uvexs38
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
First Flight March 8, 2015
Sonex #1534 - N1534S "Aluminum Foil"
Aerovee-Dual Controls-Tail Dragger
Gripdana

Postby DCASonex » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Does anyone know this young aviator personally, or have solid reference ?

David A.
DCASonex

Postby Gripdana » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:58 pm

I just talked to Jeff Shultz on the phone. It is his son.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
Gripdana

Postby Gripdana » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:59 pm

I just talked to Jeff Shultz on the phone. It is his son.
Dana Baker
Scratch Built
Gripdana

Postby sonex1374 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:39 pm

Hey guys,

Isaac is indeed my son, and I'm suprised and more than a little proud of him for launching this introduction. Isaac has been working on starting this endeavor since Oshkosh, and he wanted to get all the pieces of his story and message in place first to show that he was serious. Although his video wasn't done yet, he'll get that sorted out shortly. You see, Isaac waited until I was away at the Reclaw fly-in to make his introduction (something about taking ownership of his plan), and that's why it caught me by surprise!

I want to thank all of you in advance for helping Isaac and encouraging him. He's pumped up at the warm reception, and really working hard to make this happen. All summer he's been working around the neighborhood doing all sorts of lawn and yard jobs, saving money, and generally getting after it! He has the enthusiasm of a 14 yr old, the passion of a 4th generation aviator, and with more hard work and a little help from the community, he'll have the resources to make it all work.

Thanks go out to everyone for your support!

Jeff
Last edited by sonex1374 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Shultz
Sonex TD, 3300, AeroInjector
Kansas City, MO
http://www.sonex604.com
sonex1374

Postby samiam » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Glad to hear he's working hard towards the goal. Having a father that is a 2x builder should really help him out. Sounds like he's probably already earned enough to go out and get some 6061 and start forming some shapes :)
Mike L
Sonex #1345
Tail complete
Working on wings
samiam

Postby Issak » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:31 pm

I am 2 weeks into my GoFundMe campaign, and so appreciative of all the support I have been getting. I am very grateful for everyone who has donated. They have helped me raise $1,905 already, and I am hard at work to increase that number. I have began detailing cars for $25, and continue to rake and mow lawns. I can not fully express how appreciative I am of : Jon Palmstrom, Jonathan and Julia Wolfe, Laurie Burns, Paul Hockin, Donna Mickel, and Dana Baker. Thank you so much I am so excited by how well this project is going and how many people are helping me along the way.
-Isaac Shultz
Issak

Postby helifrek » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 am

You remind me of myself at your age, but with a lot more drive and motivation. I grew up in a super poor family and could only afford RC aircraft (barely) to feed my aviation cravings. In a few days I will be 31, I am mad at myself for letting my dream slowly slip away as time quickly passed by. It feels like just yesterday I was your age dreaming of flying one day, riding my bike to the airport to try and bum rides :) Don't be like me, you better bust your butt and work your fingers raw until you achieve your dream, it is the only way they will ever come true! I donated what I could to your cause and shared it on FB, hope this helps some!

Brandon
helifrek

Next

Return to Introductions