Hello from San Francisco Bay Area!

Re: Hello from San Francisco Bay Area!

Postby SP1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:44 pm

Jonathan McGee wrote:I'll jokingly describe it as "looks like it was mauled by a bear" for now. The pallet itself was unmolested, but the boxes on top were all mangled. The tail skins and some u-channel is going to be replaced. I called Sonex CS before signing off on the shipment (Conway) and they told me to accept it, but document the damage and they'll start the claim. Combined with the backordered bits, it's going to take effort to figure out which sub-assemblies I have enough to actually start working on.

It's still a detour from the original post. I was just point out "new Sonex kit in Bay Area."

Jonathan,
KPAO is the closest airport to me. If you need a hand uncrating, just let me know.
SP1

Postby WaiexN143NM » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi sam,
Taken in context, the c-152 and Pa-38 are trainers. The sonex/waiex are aerobatic and like sports cars. The trainers are like your grandmothers old chevy impala. Sonex aircraft not at all hard to fly, just like many homebuilt aircraft. You can fly them with your fingers. No ham fisted flying needed.
Pick the plane to fit your mission.
Welcome to the forum .
WaiexN143NM
Michael
WaiexN143NM

Postby tom0nex74 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Sam
I am in Novato, Marin County,Gnoss Field (DVO). Built and flying a 0nex and a RV 12. There are also a couple of other builders on the field. Come by anytime, we are always ready to talk Airplane stuff.
Tom Ryan 415 515 4629
tom0nex74

Postby kevinh » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:16 am

Hi Sam,

I'm building a Waiex in Belmont (though away till December). I think you will find the building process really fun.

I look forward to meeting you someday. Definitely check out EAA 20 at KSQL - a good group of folks - say hi from me. I used to be really active in the chapter but I've been flaking off ;-).

Kevin
Taildragger Waiex in progress, tail done, wings done, about to mate wings to fuse,
then cowl, canopy, paint (photos): flush rivets, turbo aerovee, acro ailerons
(I built my RV7A and happily flew it for about 500 hrs)
kevinh

Postby SP1 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:56 am

Tom and Kevin,
Thanks for reaching out to me. Hope to be able to take you up on your offer and meet you guys in person.

Kevin,
Thanks for reminding me about EAA. I'm heading out to EAA 62 tomorrow. They've got an interesting talk going on about electric motors. The technology is almost there...
SP1

Previous

Return to Introductions