Back at it and on the home stretch

Postby wtrawick » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:38 pm

My name is Bill Trawick and I live in Anchorage AK. I started a Sonex in 2011 and moved rather quickly until a series of events caused me to shut down. N723WT has completed tail, wings, fuselage, electronics, fuel sys, Aerovee, and has even run (it was a beautiful thing). Unfortunately, I made an error with my canopy which left it "imperfect" and, as the new split factory cowl was not an option then, I made the modification myself and really did not do a good enough job. So, I need to redo the canopy and the cowling, do the final assembly/rigging and, eventually, paint it.

Unfortunately along the way I had a major home addition, two back surgeries and a bit of this and that. Anyway, that's done and I am finding my desire to complete this thing and get her in the air. My son has been bitten by the flying bug as well and is starting to add to the pressure. It needs to happen.

So, I thought I'd say hello to an entire new generation of Sonex builders. There aren't many names out there I recognize as my class has left me far behind. Regardless, I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully.......LEARN HOW TO DO THE CANOPY RIGHT this time!

Feel free to check out my elderly kit log site: http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index.php ... roject=602

Best regards,
Bill Trawick
N723WT
Sonex
wtrawick

Re: Back at it and on the home stretch

Postby Bryan Cotton » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:43 pm

Welcome back Bill!
Bryan Cotton
Poplar Grove, IL C77
Waiex 191 N191YX
Taildragger, Aerovee, acro ailerons
dual sticks with sport trainer controls
Prebuilt spars and machined angle kit
Year 2 flying and approaching 200 hours December 23
Bryan Cotton

Re: Back at it and on the home stretch

Postby Sonex1462 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi Bill
I started my Sonex in November 2010.
I had my first flight in May. So as I see it you are right on track.
Welcome back and keep working away at it. You will have it flying before you know it
John Stewart
Sonex 1462
Kit, Aerovee, Tri Gear, ST Controls

Sonex1462

Postby Sonex1517 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Good to see you on here Bill. Looking forward to that first flight report. And I think I am not alone in relating to frustrations related to the cowling and canopy - but I live a little closer to the factory.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Robbie Culver
Sonex 1517
Aero Estates (T25)
First flight 10/10/2015
325+ hours
Jabiru 3300 Gen 4
Prince P Tip
Taildragger
N1517S
Sonex1517

Return to Introductions