Ruddervator tips

Discussion for builders, pilots, owners, and those interested in building or owning a Waiex.

Ruddervator tips

Postby neflyer48 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:39 pm

After rigging my ruddervators with the 10 degrees up angle with the stick all the way back, my ruddervators tips won't line up with the stick in the neutral position. one tip is up about an inch and the other is down about an inch.
Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
neflyer48

Re: Ruddervator tips

Postby hickej » Sun May 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Double check that the rudder pedals are centered. The deflection should match on the left and right throughout the elevator travel when the rudder is centered.
hickej

Ruddervator tips

Postby neflyer48 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:20 pm

hickej wrote:Double check that the rudder pedals are centered. The deflection should match on the left and right throughout the elevator travel when the rudder is centered.

I found the problem was that I had the fiberglass tips over the aluminum stabilator ends. I put them on the inside and problem was solved. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
neflyer48

Postby SonexFactoryTech » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:52 am

I found the problem was that I had the fiberglass tips over the aluminum stabilator ends. I put them on the inside and problem was solved. Thanks!

He contacted Sonex Technical Support and provided some requested photos. We had him an answer in 10 minutes and he had it corrected within an hour.

Blue Skies....

Kerry Fores

Technical Support Manager
Sonex Aircraft, LLC
SonexFactoryTech

Postby andrewp » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Go Kerry... go Kerry...

I miss calling you about stuff I messed up (not inferring the above was a mess up, just that I messed up a lot). Your responses added flavor to my otherwise boring day.
andrewp

Ruddervator tips

Postby neflyer48 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 pm

SonexFactoryTech wrote:

He contacted Sonex Technical Support and provided some requested photos. We had him an answer in 10 minutes and he had it corrected within an hour.

Blue Skies....

Kerry Fores

Technical Support Manager
Sonex Aircraft, LLC

Thank you Kerry! I neglected to say that you found the problem from my pictures. Your help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
neflyer48

Return to Waiex